Tips to Crack Job Interview
- Understand Job Requirement: It is very important to understand the job profile and
whether you fit in this profile or not. Always ask for Job Description
before appearing for interview. Identify your strengths & be
clear on what kind of candidate organization is looking for..It will help
you to decide your approach during course of interview.
- Research the company beforehand: Before going for an interview, you must always do some research about your prospective employer and the job role for which you are being interviewed.By doing this, you will be able to answer well when interviewers ask you questions like: 'What do you know about our company?' 'What are our products?' 'Who are our competitors?' etc.
- Be confident & fearless
when you are called inside the interview room, walk straight, with a slight smile on your face.Greet the interviewer by giving a firm handshake.Look into the eyes of the interviewer and respond to questions asked, as it will make them feel that you are confident about yourself and your answer.
."It is very easy to handle this fear, by simply changing your attitude and approach towards interview…Self confidence is very important in regard . I am going to share success mantra “ Always appear in Interview with attitude as in you don’t need this job"YES, you rad it right! Always appear in interview with this attitude that this is not only a platform you are looking for!!
- Maintain a composed body posture: Your body posture can speak volumes. It is very important to maintain the right body posture.
- Sit straight, leaning slightly forward.
- Do not lean backward or bend too much forward.
- Do not play with the pen or your hair.
- Do not come to the interview with a chewing gum in your mouth.
- Probable Questions & Answers: Once you are clear on Job Requirement, make a list of probable questions and their answers i.e. what all an interviewer can ask you..If need arises take help of your friends who are in similar position or industry…Trust me if u do this exercise seriously, you will be able to find out at least 80% of questions which can be asked during the interview.
- Never Argue with Interviewer: It is advisable not to enter into any kind of argument with Interviewer during interview..Lets accept that the person who is taking the interview has more experience, just listen & don’t argue to justify your point..I am not saying don’t put across your point but put it in a positive manner & don’t argue to justify that your are correct
- Salary Negotiations: Never ever ask for unrealistic salary hikes as it gives impression that you are not serious about the job and just changing the job for money….Kindly do your homework before salary negotiation i.e. with your experience and for the particular job profile what is industry benchmark…For junior and middle management, normal salary hike is in the range of 25% to 40%…Also in some of critical job profiles like treasury in banking you might get very high salary hike.
- Be Honest & Flexible: Always be honest during interview..If u don’t know any answer just accept the same rather trying to give wrong answers…Besides knowledge, organizations give lot of importance to people who are honest in approach and also flexible in their approach…Never be rigid in your approach as business environment is changing very fast these days…Organizations always give importance to ppl with flexible approach rather rigid in nature.
- Conclude the interview on a positive note:
Thank the interviewer for their time!Ask them any further information that you need to know about the company, like their work culture, on-boarding process, etc.