1. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
D. identity theft
2. A process known as ____________ is used by big retailers to study trends
A. Data mining
B. data selection
D. data conversion
3. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
B. Point-of-sale (POS)
4. A (n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an item's tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
D. data mining
5. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal's computer is a example of a law enforcement specialty called:
C. computer forensics.
6. Which of the following is not one of four major data processing functions of a computer?
A. gathering data
B. processing data in information
D. storing the data or information
7. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animal's movements.
8. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating This technology is known as:
B. computer forensics.
9. Technology no longer protected by copyright, is considered to be:
D. in the public domain.
10. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
C. Computer forensics
D. Artificial intelligence