Banking Awareness Questions asked in various Bank PO Exams–
1. Interest payable on savings bank accounts is.
(A) not regulated by RBI (B) regulated by Sate Governments (C) regulated by Central Government
(D) regulated by RBI (E) regulated by Finance minister
2. Fixed deposits and recurring deposits are.
(A) repayable after an agreed period (B) repayable on demand
(C) not repayable (D) repayable after death of depositors
(E) repayable on demand or after an agreed period as per bank’s choice
3. When a bank returns a cheque unpaid, it is called.
(A) payment of the cheque (B) drawing of the cheque (C) cancelling of the cheque
(D) dishonor of the cheque (E) taking of the cheque
4. Which of the following states became the first state in the country to launch RBI’s e-payment system for commercial tax payers?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Kerala (C) Gujarat
(D) Maharashtra (E) Karnataka
5. NEFT means–
(A) National Electronic Funds Transfer system (B) Negotiated Efficient Fund Transfer system
(C) National Efficient Fund Transfer solution (D) Non Effective Fund Transfer system
(E) Negotiated Electronic Foreign Transfer system
6. Largest shareholder (in percentage shareholding) of a nationalized bank is.
(A) RBI (B) NABARD (C) LICI
(D) Govt. of India (E) IBA
7. Banks in our country normally publicise that additional interest rate is allowed on retail domestic term deposits of.
(A) Minors (B) Married women (C) Senior citizens
(D) Govt. employees (E) Rural residents
8. A centralized database with online connectivity to branches, internet as well as ATM-network which has been adopted by almost all major banks of our country is known as.
(A) investment banking (B) core banking (C) mobile banking
(D) national banking (E) specialized banking
9. With a view to facilitate payment of balance in the deposit account to the person named by the depositor without any hassles in the event of death of the account holder, the following facility was introduced for bank accounts in our country–
(A) Will (B) Registration (C) Nomination
(D) Indemnity (E) Guarantee
10. What is money laundering?
(A) Conversion of assets into cash (B) Conversion of Money which is illegally obtained
(C) Conversion of cash into gold (D) Conversion of gold into cash
(E) Conversion of gold with foreign currency
11. Which one of the following is not a salient feature of debit card?
(A) No bad debts to banks and no suits for recovery (B) No interest earning for banks
(C) Works like a normal withdrawal slip (D) 45 days credit is given to the card holder
(E) All the above
12. Which of the following is a measure taken by Reserve Bank of India to control inflation in our country?
(A) Increase in CRR (B) Increase in SLR (C) Contraction of supply of currency
(D) Raising of Repo / Reverse Repo Rate (E) Decrease the SLR
13. What type of loan is granted by banks for purchase of white goods?
(A) Consumption loan (B) Mortgage loan (C) Consumer durables loan
(D) Home loan (E) None of these
14. What is a stale cheque?
(A) A cheque issued without drawer’s signature (B) A cheque with only signature of the drawer
(C) A cheque which has completed six months from its date of issue (D) A six months’ post dated cheque
(E) Anyone of these
15. Which one of the following constitutes the largest percentage of Retail loans in India?
(A) Auto loans (B) Personal loans (C) Personal overdrafts
(D) Consumer loans (E) Home loans
16. Credit risk to the bank is high from which of these cards?
(A) Debit cards (B) Credit cards (C) ATM cards
(D) All the above (E) None of these
17. Depreciation of an asset occurs due to.
(A) Fire in the unit (B) Theft (C) Labour Trouble
(D) Wear and tear (E) None of these
18. Which of the following is NOT a source of funds of a commercial bank?
(A) Capital (B) Borrowings from RBI (C) Call money borrowings
(D) Deposits (E) Cash Reserves with RBI
19. Which one of the following is a Credit Card Association?
(A) India Card (B) Master Card (C) SBI Cards
(D) City Bank Cards (E) BOB Card
20. Which one of the following is not an electronic Banking delivery channel?
(A) Mobile Vans (B) Mobile Phone Banking (C) Internet Banking
(D) Tele Banking (E) ATM
21. The Rate at which the domestic currency can be converted into foreign currency and vice-versa is known as the.
(A) Exchange rate (B) MIBOR (C) Inter bank Call money rate
(D) Base rate (E) UBOR
22. Crossing on a cheque can be cancelled by the of the cheque, under his full signature.
(A) payee (B) drawee (C) endorser
(D) holder (E) drawer
23. Bank branches which can undertake foreign exchange business directly are known as in foreign exchange.
(A) Authorized dealers (B) Foreign dealers (C) Overseas branches
(D) Approved dealers (E) Exchange branches
24. Insurance cover for bank deposits in our country is provided by.
(A) SBI (B) Govt. of India (C) GIC
(D) UCI (E) DICGC
25. Loan of very small amounts given to low income groups is called.
(A) Cash credit (B) Micro credit (C) Simple overdraft
(D) No frills loans (E) Rural credit
26. When a banker talks about CDR, what is he talking about?
(A) Corporate Debt Restructuring (B) Corporate Debt Rollover (C) Company Debt Rollover
(D) Corporate Deposit Restructuring (E) Company Deposit Restructuring
27. Expand the term ALM as used in Banking/Finance sector ?
(A) Asset Liability Management (B) Asset Liability Maturity (C) Asset Liability Mismatch
(D) Asset Liability Manpower (E) Asset Liability Maintenance
28. Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) and Statutory’ Liquidity Ratio (SLR) are terms most closely related to which of the following industries/ markets?
(A) Capital Market (B) Banking industry (C) Commodities market
(D) Money Market (E) Mutual fund industry
29. What is the maximum period for which domestic term deposits are normally accepted by banks in our country?
(A) 3 years (B) 5 years (C) 7 years
(D) 10 years (E) 12 years
30. What does the letter ‘L’ stands for in the term LAF commonly used in financial/economic news?
(A) Liquidity (B) Least (C) Liabilities
(D) Long (E) Liquid
ANSWER : 1. (D) 2. (B) 3. (D) 4. (E) 5. (A) 6. (D) 7. (C) 8. (E) 9. (C) 10. (B)
11. (D) 12. (D) 13. (C) 14. (C) 15. (E) 16. (B) 17. (D) 18. (A) 19. (B) 20. (A)
21. (A) 22. (E) 23. (E) 24. (E) 25. (B) 26. (A) 27. (A) 28. (B) 29. (D) 30. (A)